Tuesday, July 29, 2008

I'm a somebody!!

I'm so excited...I couldn't wait to share!!!!

My friend Jason and I got tickets to one of my favorite events! It cost me $100 USD for the tickets, and I haven't spoiled myself yet in China, so I'm treating myself to this! :)

My Athletics ticket includes:


Men's Javelin Throw Final
Women's High Jump Final
Men's 800m Final
Women's 1500m Final
Men's 5000m Final
Women's 4 x 400m Relay Final
Men's 4 x 400m Relay Final

This means I'll see SEVEN medal ceremonies!! Hopefully one of the winners will be Canadian...My goal is to sing the Canadian anthem once at an Olympic Venue!

The event takes place the night before closing ceremonies! Imagine... I will be in the Bird's Nest within 24 hours of closing ceremonies! This is "the night" for athletics! You'll definitely see it on TV in North America.

I'm so excited, it's hard to focus on the next few weeks! Matt and I are also looking at random Badminton tickets as well as Canada-Korea and Canada-US baseball tickets. This is the last year baseball will be an Olympic events...and I would definitely not miss it! (Especially if it's Canada!)

The tickets are really cool! Take a look above!

Mark!

1 comment:

Kristin Arena said...

That's SO exciting!!! You should bring a Canadian flag so we can find you in the audience hehe. You're going to have so much fun!!!