Friday, August 8, 2008

"I'm too excited to sleep!"



I woke up this morning and couldn't believe my eyes-- my computer and cell phone both say: 08.08.08! It's finally here! Although it is a bit smoggy outside...the day couldn't go wrong!

Yesterday, I spent several hours around the Olympic Green searching for the best spot to watch the Opening Ceremony. I think I found it, but can't get a definite answer whether I can stand there or not. We're heading out soon...I've got my still camera an my video camera... I can't wait to see the crowds! Rumor has it the entire city is on lock-down. No subway, no buses, no flights...with many highways closed. I hope the cabs are still running!

I was hanging around the Water Cube, (looking for athletes in all honestly!) in front of the Athlete Village when I heard familiar voices. NBC Nightly News' Reporter Kevin Tibbles and Today Show health contributor Dr. Nancy Schneiderman.

I was already in 'journalism heaven' because dozens of news networks were already 'going live' from where I was...but to see the NBC crew...that made it an awesome experience!!!


I also witness a blob of metal being hauled onto the Bird's Nest. I'm not sure what it is, but it could be the torch?? I'll admit it's kind of small, but it is connected to the only large pipe running up the side of the stadium, which I figure to be the gas line. We'll find out for sure tonight! If you have any ideas of what it is...I'd love to hear them!

I'm off to the Green. I plan on finding a great spot with my friends from Missouri to watch the torch lighting and the much-anticipated fireworks!!

Enjoy the opening tomorrow night!! I'll try not to spill the secrets when I get back tonight!!

I'm on cloud 9!!
Mark

1 comment:

Myhaus said...

Great pics, but it seems that pollution is still high. Do you feel the pollution, are your eyes red? Sorry for the silly question, just curious.