Thursday, August 28, 2008

There's no place like home...

It's 10 a.m.-- In 15 minutes, I'm headed downstairs to check out! Hope all goes well, except I packed my room card!!! I'll have to mail it back!

I'm all packed, I know one suitcase is overweight, another one filled to the brim! I have a HUGE carry-on that is jammed with fragile souvenirs!

We're leaving the hotel at noon--headed for Beijing's Capital Airport. We're on United Fight 850--leaves Beijing @ 4:10 p.m. and arrives back in Chicago at 4:04 p.m.-- We're traveling back in time six minutes!!!

We have a 3 hour layover in Chicago, but most of that time will be dedicated to U.S. Customs and rechecking our bags. We have a 7pm flight (United 7909) to St. Louis. THEN a 2-hour bus ride back to Columbia!

I can't wait to sleep this weekend--and recover from jet lag.

I have a jam-packed week ahead, including a Sunday live shot from St. Louis. John McCain is campaigning ahead of the Republican National Convention in St. Paul, Minnesota.

See you all back on the other side of the planet! Please keep up with this blog over the next week, I still have a few more stories and reflections to write about my summer in Beijing!!


Mark

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really like it whenever people get
together and share opinions. Great website, continue the good work!



Here is my page :: stall mats for gym floor