Thursday, July 3, 2008

I'm Here!!


I'm in Beijing...still stunned to be in China! The flight was good...food was better! (surprisingly!)

We flew over Northern Canada (on Canada Day!), Russia, Mongolia and finally China.

We saw the Great Wall while landing, it's so surreal!

I haven't slept in two days, only got 20 mins of sleep on the plane! (I think, I'm lost in the timezones). We're 12 hours ahead of East Coast. So you're all waking up on July 2nd...I'm about to have dinner!

We drove by the Olympic Green, and I got chills! IT'S AMAZING!! It's so much more stunning in person! I took a picture and will attach it later tonight.

Beijing is smoggy, polluted, cloudy...but the city itself it really nice. They obviously know the world is coming to its doorstep, and waltzing right in. Trees are trimmed, roads are newly paved and paint jobs are being touched up. The city is ready to put on quite the show!

I still can't believe I'm in China!! AHHHHH!!! I love it :)

Mark

4 comments:

Linda said...

Hi Mark,
I wanted to be the first to leave you a message. I checked as soon as I woke up and was so happy to see your post that everything went well yesterday. It's been such a long couple of days of travel for you. I know it's so exciting to be there and especially as the excitement of the Olympics games develops. I will keep checking for updates and pictures and will sign into Sykpe tonight (although you will probably be catching up on sleep)!! Love Mom

Kristin Arena said...

Hi love! I'm so glad that you got there safely. We keep missing each other online! I hope we can talk soon. I love you so much :-)

Unknown said...

Hi Mark,
You have the whole family blogging! It's a wonderful thing.
We were also very happy that you arrived safely.
We anxiously await your updates.
Love Auntie S. and Grandma

Anonymous said...

Yeah!!!!! Glad you got there, good luck, stay safe, talk to you soon! CTP